Yesterday I was wondering what to cook for a quick evening tiffin/snack.
At 5 pm I decided the menu and at 6.30 pm finished eating plain ragi dosa with chutney.
But, when my daughter returned from office she wanted "cheese" dosa. No problem I had the batter ready :).
RAGI DOSA (PLAIN AND CHEESE)
(Tamil to English: Ragi - Millet flour, Dosa - thin savoury crepe)
served with COCONUT CHUTNEY
Ragi dosa batter
Ragi flour - 3 cups
Urid dal - 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Fresh coconut - 1/2 cup
Green or red chili
1. Mix the ragi flour with 1 cup of water and salt until it becomes a smooth and wet batter. Keep aside.
2. Soak urid dal and fenugreek seeds for 45 minutes. Grind them together with a bit of water.
3. Mix the ground paste with the ragi batter and make a plain ragi dosa (You can find the spreading technique in my carrot adai recipe).
4. Flip to the other side and add 1tsp of oil to the sides. Allow to cook until soft or crispy as per your preference.
5. When it is ready serve hot with chutney. For the chutney grind all ingredients, season with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
6. For cheese ragi dosa prepare it soft and when both sides are cooked spread grated cheese on top of the dosa. Allow the cheese to melt and serve hot.
See you soon with different variations of Ragi dosa,