Today I made a simple, yet delicious potato kari/ potato roast to be eaten with rice and gravy or with chapatti bread.
Potato - 250 gm
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Oil to fry
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds, curry leaves in a South Indian seasoning
1. Boil the potato. Peel and cut into cubes.
2. Heat 8 tsps of oil and add the potato pieces. Roast on low flame. When it turns light golden brown in colour add salt and chilli powder.
3. Roast for few more minutes, add the mustard seed+curry leaves seasoning and serve hot.
1. Use a heavy-bottomed "kadai" to get a crispy crust
2. I used cooking sunflower oil here, which gives the best crust according to my son-in-law :)
3. After adding chilli powder, don't roast too much because chilli powder gets burned and the colour of the potatoes changes into a very dark brown.
4. If the oil accidently becomes too much, finally sprinkle 1tsp rice flour, just sauté one time and take out.